Why Is It Important to have a Working Mold Killer?
Mold is a tenacious organism that can grow quickly in carpet, drywall and wood. The mold organisms take root below the porous surface of these organic materials making it a very difficult organism to kill. Mold can compromise your immune system because the spores can get into your respiratory system causing many different ailments.
Chlorine bleach does not work if you’re searching for a universal mold killer. It can only be used on non-porous surfaces where the mold roots can’t effectively establish themselves. Chlorin bleach cannot penetrate the porous surface of organic materials and only removes the visible part without getting to the root far below the surface.
How to kill mold is more challenging than a simple soak with bleach.
An Answer to the Question: What is the most effective mold killer?
Professionals know how to kill mold properly. They have the necessary tools and know-how to complete the job properly. Professionals use chemical biocides to kill mold. Using biocides to get rid of mold requires licensing that only professionals who know how to kill mold can obtain.
Biocides are very effective. They kill mold spores about 99.9% of the time. Though biocides are a great mold killer they are not a foolproof method. Sometimes there’s still some danger that mold spores will remain. When mold spores are dying, they secrete metabolites that can survive the chemical application. These mold spore metabolites can still make you sick if they’re inhaled. For this reason, the only 100% effective way to kill mold is to physically remove it.
Professionals know how to kill mold with biocide chemicals, but they’re also aware that only complete removal of it is the only sure way to protect yourself from mold’s health compromising spores. Most professionals who use biocide will warn you about the 0.1% chance of continued mold growth and will encourage you to fix the moisture problem that caused the mold growth in the first place.
How to Kill Mold Yourself
Large mold infestations need to be handled by a professional. For example, if your home has been damaged by a storm or flood waters, it’s unwise to handle the mold problem yourself. You can, however, strip your home by removing the mold-infestested laminate flooring, dryway and tile until all you’re left with is wood studs, electrical wiring and plumbing pipes. You’ll then need to call a professional mold killer to remove the spores that have established themselves in the wood studs.
Smaller amounts of mold on non-porous surfaces can be killed with chlorine bleach.
No related posts.