Instant Mold Removal Specialists
moldremoval-14.jpgmoldremoval-15.jpgmoldremoval-16.jpgmoldremoval-17.jpg

Mold Poisoning

Symptoms Of Toxic Mold Poisoning

Molds are a type of fungi that produce a type of potent gas as a way to get rid of wastes. Sometimes the gases molds create can be dangerous to people. The spores from mold can also be a health hazard. But there are times when the gaseous secretions are more dangerous than the spores. The gas secretions, called mycotoxins, can be lethal to everyone regardless of age or health. Spores can make you sick, but are fatally dangerous more to the elderly, sick or infants.

Life Threatening Mold Toxins

The human body is designed to tolerate very small amounts of mycotoxins. But we have no defense mechanisms to deal with larger amounts. Those will immune defense system diseases will feel the affects of mycotoxins much sooner than a healthy person. Small babies and the elderly will also experience toxic mold poisoning sooner than a younger, healthy adult. Individuals with any type of other illness, like an infection, will also feel the effects of a mold allergy or toxic mold poisoning much sooner.

Signs of toxic mold poisoning include coughing up blood, heavy chest congestion, anemia and frequent nosebleeds. There are milder symptoms of toxic mold poisoning as well, but even the mild symptoms can be aggravated through continuous exposure. Mild symptoms include  throat irritation, sneezing, a runny nose and red, itchy, watery eyes.

It’s important to see a doctor immediately if you suspect that any of your symptoms are from a mold allergy or toxic mold poisoning. Exposure to mycotoxins is the cause of death in many people because they make the mistake of believing that mold is a benign fungus without the capacity to kill. Toxic mold poisoning can begin as a mild allergy and can turn into a full-blown problem which could ultimately take your life.

Things To Watch

A frequent musty smell in your home may be the sign of a mold infestation. If you suspect a musty smell, it’s a good idea to hire a professional who can assess your home. The professional will be able to tell you where you have mold growing and what you can do to fix it. A professional also has the proper protective equipment because it’s dangerous to continually inhale molds. Always be vigilant.

Watch out for very small black specks on your ceiling and walls. This may be a sign that mold is growing in the drywall or insulation behind your walls. Even clothes can become mold-infested if they’re stored even a little bit wet. Molds will grow from specks of black and destroy clothing. If you suspect clothing has been infested with mold, do not wear it. The same advice holds true for towels and other pieces of fabric. Mold contact with your skin could be dangerous and lead to toxic mold poisoning with all the unwanted effects like mold allergies.

Related posts:

  1. Mold Growth – What is Mold?